Sony Announces Latest Version Of Vegas™ Pro Software
Award-winning Professional Video and Audio Application Introduces Mobile Companion iPad App, Loudness Meters, and Proxy-First Workflow
Apr 7, 2014
MIDDLETON, Wis., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Creative Software, a leading global provider of professional editing and authoring solutions, today announced the latest upgrade to its Vegas™ editing technology.
Vegas Pro 13 brings new collaboration tools and streamlined workflows to professional content producers faced with a wide variety of multimedia production tasks.
"Vegas Pro 13 takes giant steps toward making the total multimedia creation experience faster and easier than ever. One example is the Vegas Pro Connect iPad app, which provides a remote collaborative review process for clients and team members," said John Freeborg, vice president of Sony Creative Software. "We are excited to announce Vegas Pro 13 at NAB and provide live presentations and in-booth demos of the new key features. In addition to technological advancements that span the production process, from ingesting to editing to archiving, we've created a set of phenomenal values by bundling Vegas Pro 13 with other workflow-integrated professional applications, both from Sony Creative Software and key partners."
The Vegas Pro 13 application arrives with new features that address the state of the art in nonlinear editing technology, including:
- Vegas Pro Connect – Using the iPad, Vegas Pro Connect solves the collaboration challenge on video productions. Eliminate tedious written review spreadsheets and notes by moving to efficient online and offline review workflows. Coupled with a gesture driven control surface feature, Vegas Pro Connect improves editing efficiency throughout your project.
- Proxy-first workflow – Shoot XDCAM footage and send proxies to the cloud using the Sony Wireless Camera Adapter. Download and edit proxies, then relink to the hi-res files for rendering.
- Project Archiving – Archive all media associated with a project or just the media used on the timeline, including nested Vegas Pro 13 projects.
- XAVC Intra Smart Render – Dramatically reduce render times when using XAVC Intra MXF render templates.
- Loudness Meters – New EBU R-128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules and avoid fines while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Multitool paradigm – A convenient pop-up menu directly below the timeline organizes frequently used tools and provides fast access for a more efficient editing workflow.
- New video plug-ins – Seven dynamic video effects from FXHOME, accelerated through OpenGL, are integrated directly into the Vegas Pro 13 application.
- NewBlueFX Video Essentials VI – 100 presets in 10 sophisticated plugins; A NewBlueFX top seller.
- iZotope® Nectar® Elements – One-click voice/narration processing plug-in. Apply task-specific style presets such as Voice Over or Dialogue and then customize your sound with dedicated controls like Presence, Drive, and Grit. Nectar Elements makes vocal treatment a snap.
The Vegas Pro 13 application is available in three new configurations:
Vegas Pro 13 Edit: Video and Audio Production – The core Vegas Pro 13 application including Vegas Pro Connect compatibility, FXHOME plug-ins, and CALM-compliant Loudness Meters.
Vegas Pro 13: Video, Audio, and Blu-ray Disc Creation – Vegas Pro 13, plus DVD Architect™ Pro 6, Dolby® Digital Professional Encoder, the Video Essentials VI plug-in collection from NewBlueFX (a US $129 value), and the iZotope® Nectar® Elements voice/narration processing plug-in (a US $129 value).
Vegas Pro 13 Suite: Editing, Disc Authoring, and Visual Effects – The core application, plus Sound Forge® Pro 11, DVD Architect™ Pro 6, HitFilm 2 Ultimate (a wide range of special effects plug-ins; a US $399 value), Dolby® Digital Professional Encoder, the Video Essentials VI plug-in collection from NewBlueFX, the iZotope® Nectar® Elements voice/narration processing plug-in, 100 sound effects from Blastwave FX, and 25 royalty-free Sound Series: Production Music tracks (a US $249 value).
Price and Availability
Vegas Pro 13 Edit software (MSRP $399.95), Vegas Pro 13 software (MSRP $599.95), and Vegas Pro 13 Suite software (MSRP $799.95) will be available for digital download on April 17, 2014 with physical products available May 5, 2014. For more information, or to purchase, please visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software is a leading provider of innovative professional and consumer software solutions that inspire creativity, discovery, and productivity. We encourage artistic expression with our award-winning line of digital video, audio, and music production applications. Our customer base is extensive and includes film, television, and recording professionals as well as students, educators, and independent artists worldwide. For more information about products from Sony Creative Software, please visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
© 2014 Sony Creative Software Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony logo, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, and DVD Architect are trademarks of Sony. All other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Sony Creative Software
For further information: Allison + Partners, Suzie Linville, 310-496-4439, Suzie@allisonpr.com