NOW That's What I Call Music! Presents NOW Halloween!, the Spooktacular First-Ever Halloween Entry in the World's Top-Selling Multi-Artist Album Series
NOW Halloween!, A Ghoulicious 18 Track Anthology, Coming Friday, September 11, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
NEW YORK, Aug. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- NOW That's What I Call Music!, the world's best-selling multi-artist album series, is pleased to announce the upcoming release of NOW Halloween!, the NOW brand's spooktacular first foray into the tricks and treats of Halloween-themed rock and pop music, ranging from TV ("True Blood") and movie themes ("Halloween," "The Exorcist," "Beetlejuice") to novelty smashes ("Monster Mash," "Werewolves of London") to radio perennials ("Season of the Witch," "Don't Fear the Reaper," "I Put a Spell on You").
A spine-tingling collection of 18 bone-chilling hits, jams and instrumentals, NOW Halloween! will be available Friday, September 11, 2015.
NOW Halloween! showcases 18 Halloween-themed classic hits from a variety of artists including director John Carpenter's Theme from "Halloween," Rob Zombie's "Dragula," Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra & Chorus' "O Fortuna," Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells"/Theme from "The Exorcist," Blue Oyster Cult's "(Don't Fear) The Reaper," INXS's "Devil Inside," Jace Everett's "Bad Things"/Theme from "True Blood," Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London," The Specials' "Ghost Town," Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party," Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt-Keepers' "Monster Mash," The Citizens of Halloween's "This is Halloween," Donovan's "Season of the Witch," Nina Simone's "I Put A Spell On You," Danny Elfman's "Beetlejuice: Main Title/End Title," Run-D.M.C.'s "Ghostbusters," DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince's "A Nightmare On My Street" and Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me."
The premium content--by the original artists--selected for NOW Halloween! has never been available on one collection until the release of this special anthology.
NOW That's What I Call Music! debuted in the U.S. in 1998, following 15 years of multi-platinum international success. The series has generated sales exceeding 250 million albums worldwide, including more than 96 million in the U.S. alone. All 55 previous releases in NOW's numeric U.S. series have reached Billboard's Top 10, and 19 volumes have reached No. 1.
NOW That's What I Call Music! is a joint venture from Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment.
'nowthatsmusic' on snapchat
'nowthatsmusic' on vine
1. John Carpenter - Halloween Theme
2. Rob Zombie - Dragula
3. Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra & Chorus - O Fortuna
4. Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Theme From The Exorcist)
5. Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
6. INXS - Devil Inside
7. Jace Everett - Bad Things (Theme from True Blood)
8. Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London
9. The Specials - Ghost Town
10. Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
11. Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash
12. The Citizens of Halloween - This is Halloween
13. Donovan - Season Of The Witch
14. Nina Simone - I Put A Spell On You
15. Danny Elfman - Beetlejuice: Main Title/End Title
16. RUN-D.M.C. - Ghostbusters
17. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - A Nightmare On My Street
18. Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
SOURCE Legacy Recordings
For further information: Gabby Gibb, Sony Music Entertainment - Legacy Recordings: (212) 833-4597/Gabby.Gibb@sonymusic.com; Tom Cording, Sony Music Entertainment - Legacy Recordings: (212) 833-4448/ Tom.Cording@sonymusic.com