Sony Music Masterworks Earns 6 Nominations for the 2016 Grammy Awards in Multiple Genres
Dec 11, 2015
NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Music Masterworks receives 6 nominations for the 2016 Grammy Awards in multiple genres including Classical, Contemporary Instrumental, R&B, Musical Theater, Score Soundtrack, and World.
"It's a special year for the Sony Music Masterworks roster," say Bogdan Roscic, President, Sony Music Masterworks. While these nominations fall in very different genres they all share the high level of creativity and virtuosity. We are very proud of the breadth of work represented this year."
Sony Music Masterworks and its imprints Sony Classical, Masterworks, Masterworks Broadway, OKeh and Flying Buddha earned nominations in the following categories:
CLASSICAL SOLO VOCAL ALBUM:
- Nessun Dorma - The Puccini Album by Jonas Kaufmann (Sony Classical)
CONTEMPORARY INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM:
- Guitar in the Space Age! By Bill Frisell (OKeh)
- "Breathing Underwater" by Hiatus Kaiyote (Flying Buddha / Masterworks)
MUSICAL THEATER ALBUM:
- An American in Paris (Masterworks Broadway)
SCORE SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA:
- The Imitation Game by Alexandre Desplat (Sony Classical)
BEST WORLD MUSIC ALBUM:
- Gilbertos Samba AO Vivo by Gilberto Gil (Masterworks)
Also Larry Klein is nominated as Producer of The Year, Non-Classical. Klein produced JD Souther Tenderness which was released by Masterworks.
Sony Music Masterworks comprises the Masterworks, Sony Classical, OKeh, Portrait, Masterworks Broadway and Flying Buddha imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.SonyMasterworks.com
SOURCE Sony Music Masterworks