Sony Electronics Introduces the AV Center XAV-AX210 with iDatalink® Maestro Compatibility, Smartphone Connectivity and High Power Sound
-- Available across North America in the Fall of 2018, the XAV-AX210 is Being Exhibited at the Mobile Electronics Association's KnowledgeFest 2018 Conference --
Aug 16, 2018
DALLAS, Aug. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Electronics Inc. today announced the AV Center XAV-AX210 at the Mobile Electronics Association's KnowledgeFest 2018. The update to the acclaimed XAV-AX200 adds iDatalink® Maestro* support, a new way to connect car audio without losing the vehicle's originally equipped functions, providing a seamless interface with factory infotainment and vehicle information such as air conditioning, performance and safety.
"Sony is focused on the needs of drivers that seek premium car audio sound, as well as seamless connectivity," said Yang Cheng, director of product marketing, Mobile and Car Audio, Sony Electronics North America. "With the AV Center XAV-AX210, we provide an innovative product that integrates the driver's platform of choice along with Sony's premium audio quality."
XAV-AX210 Key Features
- iDatalink® Maestro: a new way to connect car audio without losing the vehicle's originally equipped functions. It provides a seamless interface with factory infotainment and vehicle information such as air conditioning, performance and safety
- Apple CarPlay:** a smarter, safer way to use iPhone on the road; Apple CarPlay seamlessly integrates iPhones with the car audio's display and controls; drivers can make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions and more while staying focused on the road
- Android Auto™:*** Google Assistant is now integrated into Android Auto, which extends the Android platform into the car in a way that is purpose-built for driving; with a simple and intuitive interface and powerful new voice actions, it minimizes distractions and automatically brings useful information organized into simple cards that appear when needed
- Bluetooth® Technology: offers hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming between mobile devices and the receiver with touchscreen phone book
- 55Wx4 Max / 20Wx4 RMS DRA2 with EXTRA BASS™ Circuitry:**** a built-in 4-channel amplifier delivers 55 watts x 4 (max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power with DRA2 (Dynamic Reality Amp 2) power IC; the EXTRA BASS™ works to overcome engine noise and reproduce clear punchy sound at any volume level; the 2-mode boost steps allow delicate and heavy boost settings to suit the driver's mood
- Improved Sound Optimization: the DSO (Dynamic Stage Organizer) creates ambient sound as if there were speakers on the dashboard; the 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 pre-sets provides easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments
- FLAC Audio File Compatible (via USB terminal): free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC), is an audio format similar to MP3, but with the difference that it compresses without any loss in quality; the XAV-AX210 can play back FLAC files allowing up to 24-bit depth sampling frequency at 96 kHz (down-converted to 48 kHz for playback)
- Rear View Camera Ready with 3-External Camera Input: this newly introduced feature allows passengers to see a selected image among three connected cameras; one input relates to the reverse while the other two can be selected manually
- High Voltage Pre-out (4V): provides a powerful 4-volt signal that attains clearer sound with less distortion when the head unit is connected to the power amplifier
- Ergonomically Designed Rotary Volume: the ergonomically designed rotary volume with machine-cut aluminum top and an integrated button provides instant access to the optional menu that includes source selections and sound adjustments while minimizing distractions behind the wheel
- Clear and Responsive 6.4-inch Touch Screen: features 'lighter touch' operation with optimal visibility
- SiriusXM Radio ready: capable of providing a seamless, fully integrated satellite radio experience
- CD/DVD Player: brings tunes and entertainment to life on every adventure
- Configurable Steering Wheel Remote Input: covers general command protocol, so no adaptors are necessary for signal conversion between steering wheel and the head unit
Pricing and Availability
North America pricing and availability for the AV Center XAV-AX210 will be announced in the fall of 2018. Sony is exhibiting the XAV-AX210 at the Mobile Electronics Association's KnowledgeFest 2018 in booth #201.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras and revolutionary high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K Ultra HD TVs. Visit www.sony.com/news for more information.
* Maestro RR unit sold separately. iDatalink and Maestro are registered trademarks of Automotive Data Solutions Inc." User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Subject to app terms and conditions. Some features, applications and services are not available in all areas.
** Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Requires download of Apple CarPlay app for iPhone from the App Store or for Android from Google Play. User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Subject to app terms and conditions. Some features, applications and services are not available in all areas.
***Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and on Android compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Android Auto™ may not be available on all devices and is not available in all countries or regions. Android, Android Auto, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. The Google Assistant and Android Auto™ may not be available in certain countries or regions.
****EXTRA BASS is a trademark of Sony Corporation
SOURCE Sony Electronics Inc.
For further information: Cheryl Goodman, Corporate Communications, email@example.com, 858.942.4079, OR Thomas Laemmel, Home Entertainment and Sound, firstname.lastname@example.org, 858.942.9564