Sony Corporation Executive Appointments
Tokyo, Japan - Sony Corporation announced the appointment of members to its Board of Directors following approval at the 100th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders that took place today, along with the company’s Chairman of the Board, Chairman and Members of the Nominating, Compensation and Audit Committees, Representative Corporate Executive Officers and Corporate Executive Officers appointed at a Meeting of the Board of Directors held after the above mentioned General Meeting of Shareholders.
Members of the Board
*The candidates have not changed since the announcement on April 28.
- Kazuo Hirai --- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President and CEO
- Kenichiro Yoshida --- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, Executive Deputy President and CFO
- Osamu Nagayama(*) --- Representative Director, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Takaaki Nimura(*) --- Certified Public Accountant
- Eikoh Harada(*) --- Former Chairman, President and CEO, Representative Director,
McDonald's Holdings Company (Japan), Ltd.
- Tim Schaaff --- Chief Product Officer, Intertrust Technologies Corporation
Independent Startup Advisor
Former President, Sony Network Entertainment International LLC
- Kazuo Matsunaga(*) --- Chairman of the Board, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation
Former Vice-Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Koichi Miyata(*) --- Chairman of the Board, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
Chairman of the Board, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- John V. Roos(*) --- Former United States Ambassador to Japan
Founding Partner, Geodesic Capital
- Eriko Sakurai(*) --- Chairman and CEO, Representative Director, Dow Corning Toray Co., Ltd.
- Kunihito Minakawa(*)(**) --- Audit & Supervisory Board Member, Ricoh Company, Ltd. (Scheduled to retire on June 16, 2017
- Shuzo Sumi(*)(**) --- Chairman of the Board, Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc.
(*) An Outside Director who satisfies the requirements under Item 15, Article 2 of the Companies Act of Japan
(**)A new candidate for Member of the Board
Chairman of the Board
Chairman of the Board --- Osamu Nagayama
Chairman and Members of the Committees
Chair --- Osamu Nagayama
Members --- Koichi Miyata, John V. Roos, Shuzo Sumi, Kazuo Hirai
Chair --- Eikoh Harada
Members --- John V. Roos, Eriko Sakurai, Kenichiro Yoshida
Chair --- Takaaki Nimura
Members --- Kazuo Matsunaga, Kunihito Minakawa
Corporate Executive Officers (*concurrently a Director)
*The candidates have not changed since the announcement on May 19.
Representative Corporate Executive Officers
- Kazuo Hirai* --- President and Chief Executive Officer
- Kenichiro Yoshida* --- Executive Deputy President and Chief Financial Officer
Corporate Executive Officers (EVPs listed in order of appointment)
- Tomoyuki Suzuki --- Executive Deputy President
Officer in charge of R&D Platform
In charge of Energy Business and Storage Media Business
- Shiro Kambe --- Executive Vice President, Officer in charge of Legal, Compliance, Corporate Communications, CSR, External Relations and Information Security & Privacy
- Masashi Imamura --- Executive Vice President
Officer in charge of Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, Quality & Environment
In charge of Engineering Platform
- Shigeki Ishizuka --- Executive Vice President
Officer in charge of Imaging Products and Solutions Business
Representative Director and President, Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc.
- Andrew House --- Executive Vice President
Officer in charge of Game & Network Services Business
President and Global CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
- Ichiro Takagi --- Executive Vice President
Officer in charge of Home Entertainment & Sound Business and Consumer AV Sales & Marketing
Representative Director and President, Sony Visual Products Inc.
Representative Director and President, Sony Video & Sound Products Inc.
- Hiroki Totoki (New role added**) --- Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer**
In charge of Mid-to-Long Term Business Strategy, New Business**
Officer in charge of Mobile Communications Business
President & CEO, Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
- President and Representative Director, Sony Network Communications Inc.
- Kazushi Ambe --- Executive Vice President
Officer in charge of Human Resources and General Affairs
Access press release here: https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201706/17-062E/index.html
For further information: