EverQuest®II: Tears of Veeshan™ Expansion Now Available
Acclaimed MMO Reaches 10th Expansion
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Online Entertainment, LLC (SOE) today announced the launch of EverQuest®II: Tears of Veeshan™, the 10th expansion for the hit massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). The Tears of Veeshan expansion features engaging new content, including a compelling storyline to experience, a new overland realm to explore, massive dungeons, dragon-themed Alternative Advancements (AAs), the new Channeler class, and a host of challenging quests and items.
"EverQuest II will reach a variety of major milestones over the next year, from today's 10th expansion launch of Tears of Veeshan, through next year's 10th anniversary celebration," said Holly Longdale, Sr. Producer, EverQuest II. "Our team remains as dedicated today as it was during EQII's initial launch. This expansion carries on our tradition of delivering rich features and content… only this time we've filled the skies with an army of everyone's favorite winged beasts!"
EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan is set amongst the Eternal Broodlands, resting place of the dragon dead. Here, players will rediscover familiar fallen dragons, including Yelinak (now the keeper of the Vesspyr Isles), and learn of Kerafyrm the Awakened's quest to rule all. Using his stolen Tear of Veeshan, Kerafyrm's fearsome power now threatens Norrath. Players are called upon to fight the Awakened's draconic army, shine light into the world's looming darkness, and set the tone for a new Age's beginning.
EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan content and features include:
- Overland Dragon Realm – Venture through Vesspyr, the Eternal Broodlands, while seeking quests, collections and more!
- Variety of Quests – Signature, story, tradeskill, point-of-interest and dropped quests, missions and collections.
- New Dungeons (9) – Experience unique local stories across new dungeons, including Temple of Veeshan (3), High Keep (2), Nexus Core, Chamber of Stasis, Stratum of the Protectors and the Fractured Hive.
- Dragon-Themed Alternate Advancements (AAs) – A new line of AAs (healer, warrior, mage and scout) dedicated to iconic dragons.
- New Channeler Class – Wield your bow while taking advantage of this new Priest class's "dissonance" energy, intercept healing mechanics and Construct pets.
- Additional Features and Content – New itemization focused on flexibility and play style choices, AA limit raised to 340, tradeskill apprentice items and a new PvP item tier.
EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan is rated T for Teen by the ESRB with the content descriptors for suggestive themes and the use of alcohol and violence. Tears of Veeshan is available for $39.99 USD. The Collector's Edition, which includes several in-game bonus items, is available for $89.99 USD. EverQuest II is a Free to Play. Your Way™ title for PC systems via digital download in North America from SOE or any of its digital partners.
Standard and Collector's Edition items include:
- Aeraykn Monk Mercenary: "Slymar"
- Aeraykn Monk Mercenary: "Slymar"
- Ethernere Enclave Prestige Home
- Darkcrow Etherwing Mount
- Painting: Tears of Veeshan
- Potion: 1x2 HR 100% XP
- Shissar Custodian Plushie
For more information on Tears of Veeshan, please visit:
For press assets, including box art, trailers and screenshots, visit: www.soepress.com.
Further assets and information can be found here:
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, DC Universe™ Online, and PlanetSide®2, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, Free to Play. Your Way™, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath, PlanetSide, and Free Realms are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
SOURCE Sony Online Entertainment
For further information: Ben Conrad, Sony Online Entertainment LLC, 858-790-3605, email@example.com; Shannon Knepp, Bender/Helper Impact, 310-694-3120, firstname.lastname@example.org