Sony Releases Free Update To Sound Forge™ Pro Mac And Version Upgrade To SpectraLayers™ Pro Audio Editing Applications
New Features and New Workflows in Audio Waveform and Spectral Editing Software
MIDDLETON, Wis., Jan. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Creative Software, a leading global provider of professional editing and authoring solutions, today released a free 2.5 update to Sound Forge™ Pro Mac, and a Version 3 upgrade to SpectraLayers™ Pro [WIN/MAC]. Sound Forge Pro: Advanced Audio Waveform Editor [WIN/MAC] is the application of choice for a generation of audio editors. The free 2.5 update for OS X features disc-at-once CD burning, the classic Wave Hammer compressor/limiter plug-in, and other improvements. The award-winning SpectraLayers Pro: Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor stands at the forefront of the audio spectrum editing movement. Parallel developments in program design and core engine performance combine to deliver the most highly-evolved and surgically precise spectral editing platform available.
While Sound Forge and SpectraLayers Pro are standalone applications, both are configured to work seamlessly with each other, providing a comprehensive editing environment that combines deep waveform and spectrum editing capabilities.
"We're pleased to announce significant upgrades and updates to our audio software product line," said John Freeborg, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "Sound Forge Pro Mac users are invited to install the free 2.5 update. Now with CD burning capability, the stand-alone Convrt Batch Processing Automation Tool, and our classic Wave Hammer compressor on board, Sound Forge for OS X has hit a highly anticipated benchmark. On the spectral editing side, our SpectraLayers 3.0 upgrade is extensive, reflecting a deep rethinking and reworking of the spectral editing paradigm. The list of new features is impressive, and they're backed by core performance enhancements that contribute to a remarkably enhanced feel."
Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5 Advanced Audio Waveform Editor: New Features
The free 2.5 update delivers top-line user-requested features, including:
- Disc-at-once CD burning. Create tracks and burn a disc from a single file, or burn all open files to disc.
- Wave Hammer Compressor/Limiter. A Sound Forge classic plug-in, now available on the Mac.
- Convrt: Plug-in processing preview. Audition Plug-In Chain signal and effects processing scenarios from directly within the program.
SpectraLayers Pro 3 Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor: New Features
The 3.0 upgrade is extensive. New features include:
- Layers Panel Redesign. The new editing paradigm starts here, with a colorful, customizable system that makes working with complex multi-layer projects easy and intuitive.
- Selection Tools Redesign. The Selection Tools panel has been significantly upgraded to provide more power and versatility than ever for carving precise, tailor-made selections out of the spectral graph.
- New Waveform Display. The new Waveform Display shows selections, color-coded project layer content, relative amplitudes, and more.
- Overview Bar. The Overview Bar provides graphic, color-coded information about selection range, layer program length and location, layer phase status, mute state, and marker/region positions.
- Displacement Pad. Go multidimensional instantly with The Displacement Pad, a joystick control for changing the 3D view that features continuous access for a super-smooth 3D workflow.
- Audio Scrubbing. Use the cursor to scrub audio in both directions.
- Preferences panel. Standard configuration option controls, and all the new feature customization options, including custom routing, color-coding, and keyboard command options, are centralized here.
- Faster Processing. Engine performance is upgraded yet again for SpectraLayers Pro 3. The new logic and comprehensive CPU and GPU support translates into pure speed and silky smooth program response.
- 24-bit/192 kHz performance. Now available in SpectraLayers Pro 3.
- Surround Support. Up to eight channels of surround sound support.
- Hardware support. Including touch, trackpad, pen, Retina/high-DPI displays, and automatic detection when used with convertible laptops.
Price and Availability
SpectraLayers Pro 3 ($399.95 WIN/MAC), Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5 ($299.95), and upgraded, cross-platform Audio Master Suite bundles are now available. For more information, or to purchase, please visit:
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software is a leading provider of innovative professional and consumer software solutions that inspire creativity, discovery, and productivity. We encourage artistic expression with our award-winning line of digital video, audio, and music production applications. Our customer base is extensive and includes film, television, and recording professionals as well as students, educators, and independent artists worldwide. For more information about products from Sony Creative Software, please visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
© 2015 Sony Creative Software Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sony-releases-free-update-to-sound-forge-pro-mac-and-version-upgrade-to-spectralayers-pro-audio-editing-applications-300019867.html
SOURCE Sony Creative Software
For further information: Suzie Linville, Allison+Partners, 310.496.4439, Suzie@allisonpr.com